Are you ready for the switch?
By now, we’ve all heard a lot of talk about how Microsoft is ending support for Windows CE and Windows embedded operating system by 2020. Which means that organisation that have devices using this operating system will not have support after this date and, will run the risk of having the security breaches.
Is your warehouse ready?
The warehouse heavily relies on data capture devices and almost all current devices would have windows operated system. Meaning that a lot of organisations which have warehouses would need to consider updating their operating systems. Lucky enough manufacturers like Zebra Technologies have recognised this and have now started making their devices android operated.
Devices such as:
- Zebra TC800 touch mobile computer,
- Zebra MC9200 Handheld Computer,
- Zebra MC3200 Handheld computer,
- Zebra WT6000 wearable computer.
What are the benefit of switching?
The benefit of switching operating systems on devices are as follows:
- Minimal training needed as employees would be familiar with the Android operated system.
- Future-proof your devices for the latest applications.
- Ensuring that devices are secure from breaches of data.
If you would like to find out more information on how your warehouse can get ready for the android switch then please visit our Enterprise Android for Warehouse resource area for additional information.